Thursday, March 11, 2021

Praying in a Haunted House - Lindy

Photo courtesy of author

Over the years I have gotten into the habit of saying little prayers throughout the day. This helps when I am feeling scared, anxious, worried, etc. I guess it’s my way of always having a prayer in my heart. One day while vacationing with my daughter and her best friend in London, we unexpectedly found ourselves in a haunted house. Yep, one of those classic Halloween date night versions complete with a bloodied man running a chainsaw. As we were walking through this “haunted” experience, single file with our hands on each other’s shoulders, just like they told us to do because it was dark and narrow, I found myself praying for safety. Praying that nothing bad would happen to us. Then it hit me. I am in a stupid haunted house! Was Heavenly Father really going to help me here? Did I actually need His help anyhow? I am the fool that didn’t read the description of the venue properly. The absurdity of me praying and asking for peace and comfort as I walked through a haunted house, one that, not only did I choose to go to, but had paid money to enter, hit me like a brick. It was hilarious! That thought made me laugh out loud and kept me chuckling the rest of the time even as chainsaws roared and spectacles jumped out in front of me. It was hilarious! Here I was in London, in June and yet, somehow, we had managed to find a hidden haunted house. What the heck?! So maybe my “always have a prayer in your heart” had found one time where it just wasn’t necessary...or maybe just another time where that little prayer was answered so fast and so completely that I never even realized it. Oh, and if you ever visit London, take note that the London Bridge Experience starts off as a dramatization of what it was like living on the London Bridge, but then turns into a full-fledged haunted house experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment